Concealing Evidences of the Structural Tamil Genocide. Since 1994 -2005


Concealing Evidences of the Structural Tamil Genocide.

Mrs.Chandrika Kumaratunge President   Since 1994 Until 2005

She is the daughter of Mrs Sirimavo Bandaranaike and Mr. S.W.R.D. Bandaranaike, who was a Sinhala Buddhist chauvinist, and a Sinhala fascist, who wanted Sinhalam to be the official language for the entire island of Sri Lanka.

Her husband was a Sinhala actor, who displayed interest in Tamil Sinhala racial problem and hence was shot dead. Using this as political card in her favour, she obtained a large number of votes by assuring that she will find a solution to the problems at hand, and so Chandrika became the President. She promised that during her regime, she would find a solution to Tamils’ problems and hence obtained a large number of Tamil votes. During her period, various forms of genocide took place.

Aerial attack on Navaly church, which had a history exceeding 450 years and was built by the English. On the 9th of July 1995, the SL air force bombed St. Peters Church at Nawaly, killing 65 civilians, including children, women and the elderly and injured over 150.

On that day, refugees who came through different routes of the peninsula, were resting at St. Peters Church, Nawaly and  Chinnakkathirkamam Murugan temple.

At that time, a Bukkara plane, which was flying from Jaffna town area towards Arali, continuously dropped 13 bombs over both places of worship at about 5.45 p.m, causing extensive damage to both.

Aerial attack on Nagar Kovil School massacre – On the 22nd of September 1995, 39 students lost their lives due to aerial bombing by the S.L air force. The Sri Lankan government refused to take any blame for this attack. Media reporters and Human rights organisations informed that there was press censorship in operation at that time.

On that day by about 12.30 P.M, when the bell rang for the lunch interval, children came out and were playing. At 12.50 P.M, Bukkara planes from the S.L air force were dropping bombs in a blindfold manner. The students, who did not know anything, were hiding under a tree. Due to the extensive attack, the children under the tree were unjustly killed, their bodies being shattered. Altogether 39 children, ranging from 6 to 16 years of age, were killed on the spot. About 200 children were seriously injured.

Mass graves of Chemmani

In the year 1996, in various parts of Jaffna peninsula, over 400 Tamils were murdered by beatings and shootings, and then buried at Chemmani esplanade.7 Sinhala army personnel testified this fact in courts. During 1995/1996 period, more than 1000 persons disappeared in the Jaffna district and it was presumed that most of them could have been murdered, the reason being that many of the bodies of those who disappeared, have been dug out.

They were identified from the clothes they had been wearing and their wristwatches. The notorious episode of Krishanthi, a student at Chundukuli girls’ college, who was raped by 14 army personnel and stuck by a manvetti  (an instrument used by farmers to dig soil), also took place here, as her body too was buried here. This incident shook the conscience of the public in the entire Jaffna peninsula.

It is also worthwhile to note that along with Krishanthi, her mother and some of her relatives also had been shot dead by the S.L army. It has to be noted that an army sentry who surrendered in his statement declared this matter. As the land in Chemmany had not been fully excavated, it is believed that much more burials could have taken place. One reason for such suspicion has been that the army personnel who were guarding the area had been transferred from there at short intervals. Such movement could provide opportunities for the army to have murdered more people in such gaps and buried them in various places. However, due to the interference of the Sri Lankan Government, the entire subject was brought to rest.

Murders in Kilinotchi town

During the period 1996 to 1998, many bodies and skulls of those murdered by the Sinhala army had been found in wells and drains.

Kumarapuram massacre: On 11.2.1996, in the village of Kumarapuram, 26 innocent Tamils were murdered. Out of them, a 16-year-old girl was raped with wounds formed by tearing by nails and bites. When another army serviceman found her suffering in this manner, he shot her dead. He mentioned this during an inquiry later.

Pullmodai murders

Mass murders in Kumarapuram, Trincomalee and Kilivetti

The tragic event took place on 11.2.1996 in Trincomalee District in Eastern Sri Lanka, at Muthoor district, in the village of Kumarapuram due to the SL army and the volunteer forces. 324 persons, including 9 women and 9 children under the age of 12 years, were murdered. Also, 24 people were seriously injured. This had been the outrageous murder of Tamil people, after the beginning of Tamil Eelam war in April 1995. In this connection, the S.L government arrested many army and voluntary force personnel, conducted inquiries in 2004 and on 27.7.2016, acquitted them as innocent.

Murder in Thampirai market – On 17.5.1996, 7 people were killed in an attach by S.L. air force.

Murders in Mallavi – On 24.7.1996, 9 civilians were killed due to bomb attack by S.L air force.

Vavunikkulam murders – On 26.9.1996, 4 civilians were killed by the attacks by S.L air force in different areas.

Konavil murders – On 27.9.1996, 5 innocent civilians, who were travelling on the road, were killed by an attack by S.L air force.

Old Vaddakkachchi murders – On 26.3.1997, 6 people were killed by S.L air force.

Mullivaikkal murders – On 13.5.1997, 9 Tamils were killed by an attack by S.L air force on the Mullivaikkal beach.

Mankulam murders – 7 innocent people who were standing on the road side were killed on 8.6.1997 by S.L army .

Akkarayan hospital killings – Due to the bomb attack by S.L air force, on 15.7.1997, 3 people were killed.

Also on 15.8.1997, 15 innocent Tamils, who sought refuge in a church, were killed in a S.L air force attack.

On 1.2.1998, S.L army, who entered the village of Thampalakamam, murdered 8 innocent civilians. They also thrust the genitals of one person, who was killed, in the mouth of his dead body.

Suthanthirapuram massacre – On 10.6.1998, 33 Tamils were killed by an attack by S.L air force.

Viswamadu attack – On 25.11.1998, due to a rocket attack, a baby, who was eating food, was killed instantly. Also, 6 people wree killed in addition.

Chundikkulammurders – On 2.12.1998, 7 people were killed in a refugee camp, by the attack of S.L. army.

Paali nagar massacre – On 3.9.1999, 25 people were killed by a rocket attack by the S.L army.

Bombing over Puthikkudiiruppu – On 15.9.1999 due to bombings by S.L air force, 21 people were killed in Puthukkudiiruppu of Mullaiththeevu district. 50 people were injured and lost their body parts. Also cattle were killed and agricultural land was damaged

On 3.11.1999, a further 6 people were killed in Paali nagar due to an attack by the S.L air force.

Massacre at Holy Madu Church – On 20.11.1999

Massacre at Holy Madu Church – On 20.11.1999, 44 innocent Tamil civilians, who sought refuge at the Church were brutally murdered by the S.L army. During this tragedy, a mother lost 4 of her children

Bombing at Pallikkuda – During the bombing on 12.5.2000, Tamil civilians were killed by the S.L air force.

Silavatturai Murders – During the year 2000, many civilians were murdered by the S.L Navy, at Silavatturai in Mannar district.

On 13.5.2000, civilians were killed in Colombothurai area by firing by S.L army.

Binduwela massacre – 28 people were killed, in the rehabilitation camp in Binduwela, when S.L air force made an attack.

Mylvaganam Nimalrajan.

The killing of senior Jaffna journalist, Mylvaganam Nimalrajan, 38 Thursday night by gunmen suspected to be members of a pro-government Tamil group, was widely condemned by Tamil media organisations and political parties. Mr.Nimalrajan, fearlessly reported the intimidation, thuggery and election malpractice during the October 10 elections in Jaffna to the Sri Lankan Parliament.

He told colleagues subsequently that he had earned the ire of the armed pro-government group, the Eelam People’s Democratic Party (EPDP), which was widely implicated in violence against other parties contesting the polls and in rigging and intimidation.

Mr.Nimalrajan told TamilNet three days before his assassination that he was worried about his safety as he had received several threats and that the army had visited him for an inquiry the day before.

He said that the EPDP was holding him partly responsible for not getting the majority of the Jaffna votes they were hoping to obtain.

Mr.Nimalrajan organised a demonstration and protest against a bomb attack on the Jaffna Tamil daily, the Uthayan.

The EPDP was involvement was suspected in the attack on Uthayan which had been critical of the group.

In statement issued today, the Tamil Eelam Liberation Organisation charged that a pro-government group was responsible for Nimalrajan’s murder.

Members of Nimalrajan’s household who escaped the attack told TamilNet Friday that the two gunmen had entered the living room and slit the throat of the journalist’s father and had gagged him. Then their accomplices had shot Mr.Nimalrajan who had been writing an article in his room. The parents of the slain journalist and his 11 year old nephew who were wounded by a grenade lobbed by the attackers are still not out of danger said Jaffna hospital doctors.

Mr.Nimalrajan is married and the father of three children. He was the Jaffna correspondent for the Tamil daily Virakesari, the independent Tamil radio station, Sooriyan FM, the popular Sinhala political weekly, Ravaya, the Tamil and Sinhala services of the BBC. He was also the secretary of the Northern Journalists’ Association………….

On 20.12.2000, 9 Tamil refugees, including children, were murdered in the village of Mirusuvul in Chavakachcheri district. These refugees, who got displaced from Uduppitti, went to Mirusuvil which is 18 miles away from Jaffna, in order to view their houses as well as their possessions. They were all arrested by the S.L army, murdered and buried.

Some refugees, who were displaced from Mirusuvil  to Udupitty, went to Mirusuvil, in order to see their houses and property, as well as to chop some firewood from the forest nearby, for which they all got permission from the appropriate government authority. While they were going, they discovered the body of a young woman partly buried and some of them shared this information with their families. The next day when they went to identify the body, the S.L army, who were stationed there, caught them. 8 of them were murdered and their bodies were thrown into a toilet that was there. The details of these murders came to light, as one Ponnuththurai, who was one of those arrested and escaped, gave the information to his relatives.  Also, using this information, the police managed to recover those bodies from the toilet.

During the inquiries pertaining to this incident, there were witnesses at the Chavakachcheri courts, who could testify about the controversial woman’s body. Although searches were conducted in front of a judge, the body of the half buried woman could not be found. It was transferred from there by the army.

According to the district medical officer Dr.Kathiravetpillai, those who were murdered had their necks chopped off. 3 of those murdered were children, including a child Vilvarasa Prasath aged 5 years. All of those who were murdered were aged between 5 years and 41 years. After this, following the inquiries, personnel from the army were arrested. They were indicted with 17 offences including torture, murder, burials (illegal ) etc.

Mr. Iyathurai Nadesan was gunned down by unidentified men 31 May 2004  in Batticaloa, when he was going to work in a motorbike from his residence.

Meanwhile, the Newspapers Society of Sri Lanka (NSSL) and the Editors’ Guild of Sri Lanka (EGSL) have condemned the killing of Journalist Mr.Nadesan and called upon the government to carry out a full investigation.

Any attack on a journalist is an attack on Freedom of Expression and on Democracy. The murder of a journalist is a deathblow to these two foundations of a free society. The perpetrators of this crime, whoever they may be, deserve the condemnation of all freedom loving citizens of the country, and must be brought to justice at the shortest possible time,” said a joint-statement issued by the NSSL and EGSL.

Chandrika Kumarathunga completed performing cruel murders of this nature. The murders, which were committed by her father S.W.R.D Bandaranaike, were then followed by those performed by her mother. Chandrika continued to follow their example. Not only this, but even now, she has been an indirect cause behind the continuing genocide of Tamil. 

Note: The massacres,here given are not full details. Wartime Environment more details of the massacres were missed. The details of massacres, on the basis of we collected are here given.

Intention: In the situation where the massacres of Tamils are being carried out, please please help to save our Tamil Nation to see these data s of the massacres that are given by us.

Your Faith full


International Association of Human Rights.

Tell – 00 33 1 45 98 89 49 , 00 33 75 80 87 08 4

Email :


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here